Friday, October 27, 2017

Out of the Darkness


Last August I got to see Tony Robbins live. If you ever get the opportunity to see him, GO! His energy is AMAZING and if more people had the same energy, our world would be so much better.

One thing he said that struck me was that he was grateful for all of the abuse he suffered in his childhood because it made him the man he is today. It struck me because I can relate to that.

My traumatic experience involved the loss of my father. I absolutely would much rather my father be alive and well today. However, I am grateful for the lessons I have learned from going through that experience, developing PTSD and then finding my way to living with the disorder in a positive way....because this all made me the woman I am today.

Dark moments happen in life, but with every moment you have the opportunity to allow it to shape you or break you. You may not have a choice as to what happens to you, but you have a choice in how you allow it to affect you.

Why not allow an opportunity to be planted? Why not develop more roots? Why not grow and blossom?

It's not easy, but it's a much nicer way of dealing with the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment