Friday, October 20, 2017

Loving Yourself



I used to get so hung up over what other people thought of me. I'd ruminate on conversations and create stories in my head that likely weren't true. I had difficulties letting go of these thoughts.

The only thing this gave me was a lot of NOISE....and NOISE on top of PTSD is a combination that led me to think negatively and sabotage opportunities in my life.

Turning a negative mindset into a positive one is not as easy as flipping a light switch. It takes daily practice, sometimes even moment-to-moment practice. It take consistency. Even when you don't want to search for the positivity, it takes pushing through those moments and doing the do.

I've practiced this for a few years now, and I can unequivocally say that I have a positive mindset.

And that new mindset led me to letting go of what other people thought of me.

Because I have no space in my life for that kind of energy.

Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment