Friday, September 29, 2017

Lessons



Back in August, I had the privilege of seeing Tony Robbins live. If ever you get the chance to see him, GO! It WILL change your life.

One thing he said early on that struck me was how grateful he was for the abuse he suffered during his childhood because it made him the strong man that he is today. It struck me because I could relate completely.

Let me be super clear....I would much rather my dad be alive today and that I'd never seen the accident that took his life. But when we're faced with trauma, we essentially have two choices—allow it to destroy us or find the light and learn from it.

Some of the things I've learned from my traumatic experience....

1. Anything can happen at any time. Be tremendously grateful for what you have, where you are and what you're doing.

2. Life is short (sometimes). Take chances now because you may not have the opportunity to take them later.

3. It is ok to allow trauma to move through your body. Your body is amazing and it has automatic functions already in place to keep you safe. If you need to rock like a drug addict going through withdrawal in order to relieve your crushing chest pain, rock. You won't need to do it forever.

The lessons are ALWAYS there and they can be the greatest gifts that are waiting to be discovered by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment